Thank you for your interest in Heartland CPAs. Our current job openings will be posted here. Please visit this page again for other employment opportunities for designated professionals, small business accountants and administrative staff.
Heartland CPAs is a CPA firm located in Winnipeg providing a full range of services for small and medium-sized businesses. We are currently looking for a Manager to join our team.
The successful applicant will be a motivated individual with previous public practice experience. They will be detail-oriented, highly organized, have strong analytical skills, have the ability to work under strict deadlines and have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Preparation of financial statements and all related tax filings
- Oversee multiple engagements and supervise engagement teams, review files and interim work performed.
- Responsible for planning and managing engagements along with required tax filings
- Correspondence and meetings with clients
- Estate and trust planning
- Preparation of corporate, partnership, trust and personal tax returns
- Prepare and review of corporate and personal tax returns
- Interacting with clients and other team members
- Assist with training and development of staff.
- CPA designation
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of public practice experience with compilations, reviews and audits
- Strong accounting background with proven capability in working paper file completion, reconciliation, investigative and problem-solving work.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments in an organized manner
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Solid knowledge of corporation tax, personal tax, accounting and GAAP
- Superior knowledge of accounting systems and software (Caseware, Jazzit, Simply Accounting, Quickbooks, Tax Prep and Excel)
- Professional development program
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible work/life balance with no mandatory overtime
- Highly collaborative team
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Manager Role.”
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.